Code of conduct
A clear breakdown of what to do, what not to do, and who to talk to when you need help
You are joining our community to share your thoughts and strengthen your knowledge by exchanging ideas with apprentices, employers, peers, and trainers, and the entire Mastodon community.
Our community is dedicated to providing an open, friendly, and safe experience for everyone, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, nationality, religion, or any other defining characteristic. Any form of unacceptable behaviour, actions, or speech is not, and never will be, tolerated. The bottom line is this: we expect you to behave like a well adjusted human being. Contribute to conversations, offer your perspective, and respect other people participating. Anyone violating these rules will be removed.
Expected behaviour, actions, speech
- Be authentic and participate actively. Contribute to the health and longevity of this community
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions
- Try collaboration before conflict
- Support your peers emotionally and provide them with positive and helpful feedback
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert a moderator if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential
Unacceptable behaviour, actions, speech
- Offensive verbal comments or gestures related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images or references
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, discriminatory, or offensive speech, behaviour, or actions
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of trainers or fellow apprentices, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention
- Client, team, or stakeholder bashing
- Inflammatory, unwelcome, suggestive, derogatory, racist, or inappropriate nicknames or terms
- Inappropriate attention or contact with others. Pay attention to how your actions affect others. If it makes someone uncomfortable, stop doing it
- Don’t show disrespect towards others (jokes, passive aggressive remarks, innuendo, dismissive attitudes)
- Intimidating or harassing people
- Disrespecting people’s ideas (instead, call out intolerant behaviour)
- Interrupting the class or your fellow teammates unnecessarily
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language
- Spamming, trolling, flaming, baiting or other attention-stealing actions
- We expect members and participants to follow these rules at both online and in-person during program or community participation.
If anyone engages in this kind of speech or behaviour, they will be removed
If you need help
If you ever have any questions about this code, email our Company at [email protected] or notify a moderator. If you notice someone is being harassed or have any other concerns, please contact a moderator immediately.
This Code of Conduct was forked from the example policy from the Geek Feminism wiki, created by the Ada Initiative and other volunteers under a Creative Commons Zero license.